Exploring the Whimsical Fashion
1. Go for Bold Colors and Patterns
Known for creating strong fashion statements wherever she lands, the Whimsical Diva will often combine several unique styles into one contrasting outfit. She does this with style by utilizing eye-catching color combinations such as hot pink, electric blue, and neon yellow, and quirky, playful prints like paisleys, florals, leopard skins, and polka dots. These combinations are sometimes quite unorthodox, but these Whimsical ladies make it work with surprising results. They also usually favor bright greens, oranges, and blues, and wouldn’t be caught dead in a sensible neutral tone unless it was to pay homage to vintage fashion.
2. Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize
Playful and unique accessories are a must for any self-respecting Whimsical Diva. Printed shoes and oversized handbags are standard issues, and the crazier the print, the better. Not to mention, a statement-making coat set to get tongues wagging is a must! Heels in colorful and flirty colors and romantic floral patterns are another go-to for lining a Whimsical’s closet. Also try for shoes, coats, and purses in cool fabrics with interesting textures for a new spin on this trend.
Larger pieces of jewelry in bold colors and long, dangling or hoop earrings are a staple. Any accessories that draw from the drawing heavily from the 1950s, 60s, and 70s will give your outfit some flare. Go for kitschy, bohemian, or mod-inspired items like hats, vintage graphic tees, or even fingerless gloves!
3. Some Quick Style Pointers
– More petite women should cut back on a bit of the detail and layers. Now while there is nothing wrong with a maximum punch of flair, an overabundance can make you appear even smaller, as too many details can actually swallow you completely. The solution, though, is simple. You can either add a cute pair of stilettos or balance out your flair with a few pieces rooted in traditional earth tones.
– Remember that fashion is all about self-expression and your choice of clothing is all about defining who you are on the inside. Just remember that the Whimsical style is all about your own comfort level. If you do not feel comfortable in these types of clothes and representing such a style in your everyday life, then the real you will drown in your fashion choices. Remember to assess your personal style wisely.
– Where would you look for Whimsical-style clothing? Pretty much anywhere, because it is not so much about collections as much as it is about particular pieces and how you would pair them up. For true vintage apparel, it is best to frequent thrift shops in your area, and for new clothes inspired by past eras, try hipster mainstays like Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. Also, check out stores like Nordstrom for the collections of eclectic designers like Betsey Johnson.
4. Your Best Accessory – A Confident Attitude
A clashing outfit can be overshadowed by the confidence of the person wearing it, and this speaks volumes about the Whimsical Fashionista. She loves the spotlight and having all eyes focused on her, unlike most others that are mortified at the thought of standing out in a crowd. The independent-thinking, laid-back Whimsical is never afraid to take risks. After all, even a fashion faux-pas will keep her name on everyone’s lips.
In conclusion, a Whimsical Diva never cares what anyone thinks of her because inside of her shines an inner core of confidence. She is fresh, different, and doesn’t worry about sharing her true self with the world. If this sounds like you, then you are probably a member of this creative, individualistic, and unconventional group!